Prayer Journals

I have been trying to think of ways to teach my kids to value God and develop their relationship with him. One of the things that I should probably do more often because it strengthens my walk with Christ, is journaling. I enjoy it. So one day I thought why not start this early in my kids life so that when they are older it will come naturally to them and even be an anchor for times when they start to stray. We all have things that pull us back to God when we have wandered far. For most, I believe it is something from our childhood, a tradition or some thing familiar to us. My mom used to journal... I never told her this but I read a few entries every once. I remember sitting in our brown Toyota waiting for family to come. I picked it up out of curiousity. I was blessed by her candidness with God and the apparent trust she had for Him. Sorry Mom. I don't remember anything personal strangely enough. I think it was just one of those times when God was drawing me in.
So I presented the idea to the kids and they love it. Aiden writes a few words but draws stuff most of the time. Maylee does both. I told them that sometimes we don't have the right words and drawing pictures is a good way to explain. God also is so amazing that He can read our words even when they don't make sense. They like that.
So every morning i have them write or draw. So far so good. I am sure their will be more lesson from this practice.
For those of you who are straining to read Maylee's journal, she asked God to make sure we have enough money for her birthday present. You gotta love my perfectly imperfect children.

1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment