Heart Issue
Well for the past few years I have been tapping on Maylee's heart to encourage her to give away the things she doesn't play with or doesn't need. The first time I approached her with this issue I thought her heart would melt at the thought of giving things to children who don't have as much as her and she would jump at the chance. I was so disappointed to discover that she was horrified at the idea of getting rid of any of her things. (Note to self... your children are just as human as you are). So for quite some time I have been chipping at her heart. Trying but failing over and over only to be met with many tears and me wishing I had never approached the topic. Wanting desperately for her to have a merciful heart and saddened by the fact that I don't do enough myself , I just placed it in God's hands. Recently in our school reading we have been reading a book called Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher. This book is about the preciousness of a little girls heart and how easily it can be led astray and spoiled. Through Betsy's story Maylee has learned so much. One being the value of reaching out to those in need. For the first time today she has been willing to actually go through some of her toys to give some away. I am not sure how much yet but it is a break through. Such a change of heart. Thank you our Merciful Father. Now the next step is to find a child or family in need.
1 comment:
Understood Betsy is one of our favorite stories - for so many reasons. I think I may have to pull it out and read it aloud again this month!
Great seeing you twice this week!
Post a Comment