Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Go Fly a Kite



Tom and I went out recently to go fly a kite with the kids. At an arts festival Tom picked out a two string, New Tech Ignitor designed by Dodd Gross. Purple, Lilac, blue and green are the colors that make this miniature hanglider in the sky. The conditions were great. It was early evening, the wind was just right and the kids had their nap. We walked out to the field having educated ourselves some what. Tom grabbed the reigns and rolled the strings out. I held the kite. When he was ready, I held the kite in the wind and let go. Wow!!!! The kite went straight up. Soaring up and over, under and around in circles. It was an awesome site. Yet an even more grandiose event to me was when I followed the kite strings staight down to hands of my precious husband. Grinning from ear to ear and spark in his eyes I could see from 20 feet away. That spark started a flame in my heart that the Spirit of God used to renew my heart.



Marriage is like flying a kite. Someone has to be the guide but the guide needs a helper to launch. For the kite to soar though, the wind. God equiped Tom to be the guide. He comes by it naturally. The helper is me and the wind is the Spirit of God and His Grace. As the helper my job is to assisted when need, encourage and watch. Watch as the Spirit of God takes the gifts of Tom and use them to soar the kite to the highest. Beautiful....

No comments: